Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Reflections of the Years Gone By

Since Kimkins... Since turning 50... I have had a really hard struggle with my weight.

Last week I went to a Health & Wellness center where they did some blood work for thyroid function and hormone levels.

I have low thyroid numbers, and even lower hormone levels. NO WONDER I HAVE FELT SO LOUSY!!

I started taking meds for these things and hope that within a month I will feel like my old self again AND begin to get the weight off. I have been "doing" low carb for the most part, except for those times that I throw myself huge pity parties and invite the Sugar Monster. BUT seriously for the most part, I have been strict with my low carb regimen. NO losses - weight or inches. It has been VERY frustrating.

I have been eating between 1,200 & 1,400 calories per day (sometimes a little more) which is good for my height & age & activity level. I make sure that I get a good balance - 60% fat, 10% carbs, 30% protein (usually within 5% margins). I drink plenty of water.

SO

Surely the thyroid and hormone issues will get under control and the scale will start moving again.

I AM NOT GIVING UP -- Even when I get there.

No comments:

What's in your Toolbox?

I have had some discoveries lately and thought it might help someone else. I am calling this ALL THE TOOLS IN THE TOOL BOX. I started I.F...