Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Total Gym Recliner


THIS is my current position (except that I have the laptop in my lap).





THIS will be me on the cruise (except that I will have on a one-piece suite).


Unreal expectations?  OF COURSE, SILLY!! LOL.

The top picture is pretty close to my activity level.  HOWEVER I am thinking about getting up any moment and putting on my workout clothes that are already laid out.  (blog quick, Rebecca -- write like the wind!!)

Someone suggested that I needed more sleep instead of exercise.  Too much sleep is what has helped get me to where I am - out of shape, achy, & typical.  Besides, my body clock goes off at 4:45am whether I like it or not.  I can either lay there and toss and turn, or get up and start my day.  I get up.

The reason I exercise (your reasons may vary!):
1.  I'm over 50 and sit at a desk in one position for 8 to12 hours every day.
2.  I'm over 50 and don't want osteoporosis.
3.  I'm over 50 and need more flexibility.
4.  I'm over 50 and there ain't no turning back the fact.

... bones ... flexibility ... aging ... future...

I don't hop around and get all sweaty and red faced.  Been there, done that, got the leg warmers.  One must pace oneself! lol.  But doing "something" is better than doing absolutely NOTHING.

I do it because in 20 years (NOT too far off anymore) I do not want to shuffle around with a walker because my bones are brittle and my back is bowed.  I do it because in 20 years I do not want to have someone else pick up my socks because I cannot reach the floor.  I do it because I don't want to feel old, even if the calendar is against me.  I do it because I don't want to break a hip!

.... and of course... I am trying to get the mind-set and CONVINCE MYSELF...



REALLY?!?  When does that happen?

No comments:

What's in your Toolbox?

I have had some discoveries lately and thought it might help someone else. I am calling this ALL THE TOOLS IN THE TOOL BOX. I started I.F...