Thursday, January 10, 2013

Simple Plan: The Hard Fa(c)ts!

(Added a couple of pages - "Before/After Photos" and "Menus and Recipes".  See list on right side column)

THIS IS MY USUAL DAILY GOAL:

This consisted of slightly over 1,200 calories, 50 grams of protein, and as you can see, a LOT of butter.

Breakfast: 1 egg with butter, coffee w/ erythritol & coconut cream
Lunch:  Steak with butter, green tea
Dinner:  Beef Chili with tomatoes, red peppers

When I got snack hungry later in the afternoon, I ate a few pork rinds.

It is important to keep the fats high.  That is very hard to do unless you have butter and/or coconut oil at every meal (or other equal quality fats).

And as usual, you have to find what works for YOU and do that!  I am not a fan of exercise, so I have to watch my food quality and quantity very carefully.  If you exercise, perhaps you can up your carbs a little (ala Paleo), but whatever your method the important thing is to keep trying and never give up!

One of my tips is to narrow your list of foods to those that you really love and keep it simple, fresh, and real. (Just Eat Real Food).  Make it easy!  I save "extras" for special treats and dining out.  For example, I love eggplant.  It is higher in carbs so it is not something I would have every day.  So when I go out to eat, specifically at Carrabbas Italian Grill (Link to Carrabbas), I will order the grilled eggplant!  Yum.

I'm knocking on the door of my goal weight!  And feeling pretty sassy!  The LAST 10!!

I am now ... officially ... in ... CRUUUUUUUUISE TRAINING!!! wOOhOP!!  Let's DO IT!!

And a very special thank-you to my supporting cheerleaders:

Several of my very best friends in the world -- Kim Eidson, Ailsa Washington, & Debbie Hubbs
Through thick and thin! ... and on every cruise!  

AND one last photo of another true friend who is an inspiration, source or information, and just a lot of fun! ... with an awesome blog (and in the top "Low Carb" blog lists!!)  Anne aka Carb Tripper -- Link To Carb Tripper's Blog.


2 comments:

Anne H said...

I am soooo proud of you - and luv ya like a sister!

Becky, The Travel Maven said...

Tanks, CT. You are a sweetheart. Thanks for all your support this past year.

What's in your Toolbox?

I have had some discoveries lately and thought it might help someone else. I am calling this ALL THE TOOLS IN THE TOOL BOX. I started I.F...