Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cruising Causes Depression

As I write this post I am fighting sadness.  I suppose it is only normal after such extreme fun and friends.

I danced...

(Me and Val Nose)

I sang...

I ate GOOD food...

and hung out with crazy people ....
(Laurie Rosen, Christine & Jimmy Moore, Jordana aka Cranky Coils)

AND then of course there were the amazing guest speakers and meetings...
(Jamie, Lynn Ivey, Mary Vernon, Eric Westman, Tom Naughton, & Bridget in the background)


One of my best friends got engaged! (Congrats Ailsa & Chris)
(Bridget & Ailsa)

Really, really good friends... (thanks for the nightly slumber party and morning coffee!!)
(Carb Tripper, Kim Eidson, Ramona Denton)

Not to mention the SHOES!

.....  Where else can I wear such fabulous shoes?!?!?

So, back to normal life.  Back to the daily grind.  Back to real world.  

BUT ... for 7 days I was -- TYT -- Taller, Younger, & Thinner. ;)


(and... yes, this needs to be a tradition... the Bathrobe Breakfast!)
(John Briffa, Lisa Coker, Jordana aka Cranky Coils, Andrew, Becky Winn, Susan Bratchie)

Look out 2013!  Here we come!  Let the countdown begin.

OH -- AND -- I returned home from the cruise 1.8 lbs thinner.

The 5th Annual Low Carb Cruise was indeed MAGIC!





8 comments:

Jana McCool said...

Cruises are the most wonderful vacations where you can really let your hair down & be crazy. Looks like you absolutely had a blast. I know what you mean about being down after you get home after the cruise. But, you've got pictues! And, losing weight on a cruise.... now that's crazy!

Andi said...

What??? No mention of our fabulous dinner conversations???? A definite highlight of MY trip!!!!

Becky, The Travel Maven said...

... and the fabulous dinner conversations. Is that better, Andi? hahaha It was SO GOOD to see you both and it was like we had not been apart.

Pete B said...

Thanks for all you did to make it a wonderful 35th anniversary present to ourselves. Nancy and I had a wonderful time learning, renewing acquaintances, and making new friends. I came home +0.6 lb, but I'm now below my pre-cruise weight! Lots of resolutions, NOW we'll see what I actually *do.* 'Till the next time!

Becky, The Travel Maven said...

Pete - It was totally my pleasure.. really! lol. Congrats on the loss.

Ailsauk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ailsauk said...

Great blog bestie!!

Anne H said...

LOVE it!

What's in your Toolbox?

I have had some discoveries lately and thought it might help someone else. I am calling this ALL THE TOOLS IN THE TOOL BOX. I started I.F...